I have completed a Master’s Degree in Canadian Comparative Literature at the Université de Sherbrooke. To complete this bilingual and unique program I wrote a thesis about the representation of nature, post-nature, and environment in science fiction literature : Ecocriticism and Science Fiction Theory: the Role of Environments and Representations of Post-Nature in Starfish, Maelstrom and Behemoth by Peter Watts and The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
I have a multidisciplinary B.A. (Bachelière ès arts) from the Université de Sherbrooke. I chose the multidisciplinary path in order to combine my fields of interest, which are translation, writing, and literature.
I have been translating in various fields, but especially in the fields of arts and literature, for more than a decade now. I am a professional freelance translator since 2011. I translate texts from various fields for translation agencies and direct clients from all over the world. I have translated instruction manuals, market researches, surveys, packagings, human resources documents, essays in the fields of history and social sciences, advertisements, technical and scientific documents. During those years, I have learned a lot about:
- computer assisted translation tools;
- data bases, search engines, and online terminological dictionaries;
- professional relations
- online professional and translator networks and resources;
- small business management;
- administrative and legal aspects of international online translation
- the reality of freelance work: irregular work hours, deadlines, technical issues, etc. All of which helped me to develop my resourcefulness and expertise!